Story: US, National Espresso Day; 11-23-2021;
23rd November marks “National Espresso Day” Here's what you need to know about the day.
What does the word “Espresso” mean?
One of the definition of the word Espresso is the idea of “expressing” or squeezing the flavour from the coffee using the pressure of the steam.
Who invented national espresso day?
Luigi Bezzera invented the espresso coffee machine in Italy in 1901. His objective was to decrease his employees' coffee break time and increase their productivity! Bezzera's machine used steam pressure to force hot water through the finely ground coffee.
How To Celebrate Espresso Day?
• Drink Some Espresso.
• Try a Different Kind of Espresso Blend.
• Try Cooking with Espresso.
• Buy an Espresso Machine for Home Use.
• Share your espresso love on social media!
Which one has more caffeine Coffee or Espresso?
Espresso has more caffeine per unit volume than most coffee beverages, but because the usual serving size is much smaller, the total caffeine content is less than a mug of standard brewed coffee.
A typical 28 grams (0.74 ounces ounce) serving of espresso usually contains 65 milligrams of caffeine, whereas a typical serving of drip coffee usually contains 150 to 200 mg.
Extra knowledge boosting bundle to impress colleagues:
• In the United Kingdom, espresso grew in popularity among youth in the 1950s, who felt more welcome in the coffee shops than in pubs.
• Your one espresso shot needs 50 coffee beans.
• After oil, the largest traded commodity across the world is coffee!
• International Space Station astronauts can enjoy freshly brewed espresso since 2015!