Story: Audi E-Tron; 31-05-2023;
Meet Audi's all electric, Audi Q4 E-tron. All you need to know.
• Audi may launch the car in India, but no final dates are conformed by the company yet, and in India it is said to be lauched at around ₹90 lakhs to a ₹1Cr.
UK price :
• The E-tron Q4 is available in UK at starting price of £51,3254, according to the official website.
Audi Q4 e-tron price, US for 2023 version:
Starting MSRP of $49,800 for a 2023 Audi Q4 40 e-tron® Premium with automatic transmission, according to official company website.
• The Audi Q4 e-tron is priced in China in the range of RMB 299,900 ($44,330) - RMB 377,100 and will compete with models including the Tesla Model Y and NIO ES6.
• A decade after the unveiling of the first e-tron concept at the 2009 International Motor Show Germany, Audi's first fully electric e-tron SUV went into production in 2019.
In 2019, Audi was also among the first automotive manufacturers to publicly support and align our actions towards the goals of the Paris Climate Agreement, the 194-nation agreement that aims to limit global warming to 2 degrees Celsius by cutting emissions of carbon dioxide and other greenhouse gases. Climate change is very likely the greatest challenge facing humankind in the 21ˢᵗ century. Audi acknowledges its responsibility and, through our actions and commitments, aims to become an integral part of the solution.
Here's the link to official website of "Audi" & the "Audi E-Tron" one should check out the product/service here: audi.com .
Audi Q4 e-tron:
The fifth all-electric model in Audi’s growing electric portfolio, the Audi Q4 E-tron is an all-electric compact luxury crossover SUV by Audi which was revealed at the 2019 Geneva Motor Show.
The concept is based on the same hierarchy of the E-tron electric line-up, its production began in March 2021, with the production version being unveiled in April 2021.
• With slightly smaller overall dimensions than the Q5, the Q4 E-tron is compact on the outside, measuring exactly 4.59 meters in length, 1.90 meters wide, and 1.61 meters tall with its wheelbase of 2.77 meters, the Audi Q4 E-tron concept takes its position in the upper third of the compact class.
• The compact design model makes the Q4 suitable for city driving.
• The Q4 comes with large and stylish 22-inch alloy wheels.
• Inside the car one get to see light warm colors dominating the upper section of the cabin, and the dark carpet in the floor section provides a contrast.
• The headlining, the window pillars and the upper section of the door rail and dash panel are fitted with white and beige microfiber textiles.
• Four seats with integrated head restraints are upholstered with comfortable suede faux leather material manufactured with exquisite workmanship. Double seams stitched with thick yarn adorn the upholstery.
• The display of the virtual cockpit with the most important display elements for speed, charge level and navigation is located behind the steering wheel.
• The large-format head-up display with an augmented reality function is a new feature. It can display important graphical information, such as directional arrows for turning, directly on the course of the road.
• The exterior of the car has been designed in a way that gives the Q4 unique identifiable look of an Audi at first glance by it's Singleframe.
• The new concept vehicle also features a structured closed surface within a broad, almost upright octagonal frame in place of a traditional radiator grille. Air is supplied via large inlets that extend from below the two matrix LED headlights all the way down to the front apron.
• The prominently modelled fenders of all four wheels are a further classic Audi design feature that distinguishes the brand.
• The widened features of the Q4 e-tron concept are designed to be highly organic and flowing, and they add a characteristic touch to the side view.
• The accentuation of the rocker panel area between the axles, where the battery and thus the powerhouse of this SUV is located, is a typical feature of the e-tron.
• Its roof line slants down slightly toward the back, giving the silhouette a particularly dynamic look.
• The striking broad light band that connects the two lamp units on the rear end of the Audi Q4 e-tron concept was incorporated to reflect an element of the Audi e-tron.
• Finally, the body paint in “Solar Sky,” a shade of blue that changes depending on the angle of the light, is a sustainable innovation in two senses: The paint, which was developed specifically for the Audi Q4 e-tron concept and produced under environmentally friendly conditions, effectively reflects a short-wave fraction of sunlight, near the infrared spectrum.
• This reduces the build-up of heat on the surface of the body and the interior significantly. This benefits the subjective well-being of the occupants while at the same time reducing the energy input required for the air conditioning, which is then not needed as much to cool the vehicle interior on warm days. This, in turn, improves the range and the global carbon footprint of the Q4 e-tron concept.
• Powering the Q4 e-tron are two electric motors with a combined output of 225kW, while it goes 0 to 100 km/h in just 6.3 seconds, an it has a range of over 450 km according to companies claim on it's official site.
• It also promisses of settinf a Fast-charging benchmark, with charging technology that allows Audi e-tron® models to charge at speeds of up to 150 kW at high-speed public chargers, with future models anticipated to be able to reach charging speeds of up to 270 kW.
Augmented Reality Display:
• The Q4 E-Tron is future proof with it's New augmented reality heads-up display in front of the driver, which offers a wider field of view and more accurate and advanced animations. Some examples Audi gave of it in use are:
• The AR system placing a red line over a lane marker to let a driver know when they’re drifting too far to one side;
• An animation that tracks the car ahead when using adaptive cruise control;
• Turn-by-turn navigation that places a bright blue arrow in the driver’s field of view.
• Audi says this new AR system pulls in more than 1,000 “signals” from sensors all over the Q4 E-Tron to figure out exactly where to place these AR elements — and to keep them in place, even if you are driving over a bumpy surface — which is somewhat reassuring.
Follow us at various social media platforms (we post updates with a link) at @dedaandsons, or just click the link below to our social handles: