Story: Recep Tayyip Erdoğan won Presidential elections run-offs 2023 ; 29-05-2023;
Erdoğan wins re-elections 2023, says no one lost today Türkiye won, 85 million people won!
• Erdoğan is all set to serve Türkiye at least until 2028, and this win would mark his third term as President of Türkiye.
• Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdoğan won in a runoff election against Kemal Kilicdaroglu on May 28, 2023.
• Erdoğan won with 52.14% of the vote, he got 27.7M+ votes in the re-elections.
• Türkiye's Supreme Election Council (YSK) head Ahmet Yener said Erdogan won Türkiye's presidency over opposition challenger Kemal Kilicdaroglu in the second-round runoff vote.
According to unofficial results, the Turkish incumbent won the race with 52.14 percent, while Kilicdaroglu got 47.86 percent of the votes, he said, adding that 99.43 percent of the ballot boxes have been opened so far: he told while speaking to reporters in Ankara.
Image for reference only
Erdoğan's victory speech:
Erdoğan gave a victory speech in front of supporters who jam-packed the courtyard of the presidential complex in Ankara, he emphasized unity by saying, “no one lost today, the entire nation of 85 million won.”
“We are not the only winners. Türkiye is the winner, our democracy is the winner,” Erdoğan said, addressing thousands of his supporters.
“No one has lost today. All 85 million have won. Now is the time to unite around our national goals and national dreams,” he said while addressing a massive crowd of supporters in the midnight of May 28: reported by trtworld .
Leader of Türkiye's main opposition alliance Kemal Kilicdaroglu got 47.86% votes and he got 25.4M+ votes.
See top headlines for the day.
After losing the elections, opposition unity is on stacks now. Erdoğan's victory further strengthened his Justice and Development Party (AKP). The AKP is in power since 2002.
Challenges lie ahead of Erdoğan:
• Sorrow relations with the US: Erdoğan has to deal and take steps ensuring Türkiye's leadership qualities and self-dependence, in the wake of sorrow relationship with the US.
• Economy challenges: The Lira has suffered allot in the recent past, and has been falling continuously, while inflation has been ever rising. Major reasons may include sorrow foreign relations with middle-eastern countries, US, or the major economic decisions taken by Erdoğan government, ensuring common people relive.
• Türkiye Century: Erdoğan has promised the nation that he will deliver an century belonging to Türkiye in his past speeches, well now he has the responsibility to deliver in the direction.
World leaders congratulates Erdoğan:
Leaders from around the world has congratulated Erdoğan on his sweeping victory, Qatari Emir Sheikh Tamim bin Hamad Al Thani, Russian President Vladimir Putin, US president Joe Biden, UK Prime Minister Rishi Sunak, UAE president Sheikh Mohamed bin Zayed al Nahyan, Iran's President Ebrahim Raisi, were alongside many other top leaders around the world who congratulated Erdoğan on his victory, so far.
• Somalia's President Hassan Sheikh Mohamud was the first African leader to congratulate Erdogan.
• Videos posted on social media also showed celebrations in Syria and Azerbaijan after Erdogan took a decisive lead in the presidential run-off.
Do follow us at various social media platforms (we post updates with a link) at @dedaandsons, or just click the link below to our social handles: