Story: Tata Tiago-EV; 03-10-2022;
Tata Tiago-EV a compact, Tech filled, cost-effective, and super easy to drive EV.
• TATA claims it has a 3000+ EV charging stations across India, over 97% of its customers charge their EV's at home.
• Tiago-EV booking to start from October 10, and the delivery to start from January 2023.
What are you going to get in Tiago-EV:
• Battery comes with 1,60,000 km distance or 8 years of warranty period (whichever completes first).
• You can choose from a variety of Battery option, Tiago-EV has two options, a 24KWH pack with MIDC range of 315* km (Estimated range), and another is 19.2 KWH with MIDC range of 250* km (Estimated range.)
• Tiago-EV has various charging options as well, 15A (amp) portable charger, Compact 3.3 kW AC charger, and two fast chargers with 7.2 kW AC home charger (claims 3 Hours and 36 minutes full charge), DC fast charger (claims 10% to 80% charge in 57 minutes.)
Premium features in Tiago-EV?:
Tiago-EV has Telematics: Telematics is a premium feature, and is available in the Tiago-EV as a standard feature.
The features of Tata Z Connect gives car 45 unique features, like remote car A.C. On-Off, with temperature settings, Remote geo Fencing and car locating (security feature), smartwatch connect, remote vehicle health diagnostics, real time charge status, dynamic charger locator, driving score and more.
• The speciality of the Tiago-EV would be its 8 speaker Harman infotainment system, with a touch display (with Android Auto and Apple Car Play capability.)
• Rain sensing wipers, and auto headlamps, electric ORVM (view mirror) with auto fold, cruise control, push button start/stop are some key vibrant features of the latest EV.
• Tiago-EV has Sports mode and a city mode for daily commute, and with each drive mode there are four different modes of Regen settings are available to suit the driver style of driving the EV.
• Tiago-EV comes with IP67 rated battery pack and motor, that indicates it is “waterproof”, 6 indicates “complete protection against dust over extended time”, where 7 refers to submersion up to 1 meter, according to IP rating definition on Internet.
• Has automatic transmission as standard feature (means available in all options of the car).
Tata Tiago-EV comes with 5 colour options, and we liked Teal Blue and Midnight Plum the most, while other options like are Tropical Mist, Daytona Grey, Pristine White alongside with our pick are also available to suit your choice.
• ORVMS with side Indicator (not available in basic XE (MR) model)
• Body coloured bumper.
• EV Accents on Humanity Line.
• Plush leatherette seats, and climate control knob (automatic climate control capability.)
• Has cooled glove box, but lacks rear A.C. vents.
• Leather Wrapped Steering Wheel.
• Premium light grey & black interior theme.
• Flat bottom steering wheel, and Collapsible Grab handles.
• Will continue to be a model with seating capacity of five.
Launch and price range:
Tata Motors launched the first ever Tata Tiago-EV on 28 September 2022, quite shockingly as it was speculated to launch in first quarter of 2023.
The Tata Tiago-EV starts from 8.49 lakhs and goes up to 11.79 lakh (ex showroom).
Brief History of Tiago:
The Indian EV segment has been shaken with the entry of the cheapest available EV in India from Tata Motors, the Tiago-EV.
The car was first launched in 2016 with petrol and diesel versions, both the version did well in the market and the hatchback was well received in the Indian markets.
Tata Motors has ever since Tiago's success pushed the brand and rolled the new and upgraded versions of the latter. The latest version is an EV, which is being considered as a game changer for the segment itself.
The Tata Motors is the country's only electric vehicle (EV) maker, which is leading the segment with the cheapest available EV in India till today.
Not enough charging stations as of today across India. Though Tata Motors says they are working on that.
While AC vents in back is missing as always in the Tiago model.
Should you buy Tata Tiago-EV?
The question that you need the answer of- Should you buy the Tata Tiago-EV, in 2022?:
Purchasing a Product has to do with what you as a customer want. But what experts have to say upon the product itself is what we can put across to you.
The Tata Motors says it is cost-effective:
The good thing about the new EV from the Tata Motors is that it is cost-effective, “meaning kitna deti hai”, checkbox ticking.
Tata Motors gave an example of how Tiago-EV is cost-effective in a video, the company posted on YouTube. It said, “if you drive your car a 1,000 km the fuel expense would be around 7,500 Rs.”, “whereas the Tiago-EV would go easy on your pocket and goes 1,000 km in just around 1,100 Rs.”
While according to many experts, the Tiago-EV is for the buyers who are specific about their need from the car, specially the buyers who know how much their daily commute would be, and for those buyers who specifically looking to buy an EV in India with a good tight budget.
The above article is based on the product information given by the company Tata Motors India, and whether one should buy the product or not is completely dependents up on his/her own choice only.
The above written article is just centred on providing information and experts point of view, and does not give any financial advice or promotes the brand/product.
The readers are highly advised to do full research of the product given above to other available resources on internet and locally, and do not take this article's content as financial advice in purchasing the product.
We at Dedaandsons Global News Portal do not advise or encourage you (reader) to buy any product based on our article or contents written in it.