Story: Grand Vitara 2022; 11-07-2022;
Maruti Suzuki to launch new mid-size SUV- Grand Vitara, Expected to lauch in October;
• Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara to get panoramic sunroof - New teaser shows.
• Maruti Suzuki confirms its upcoming mid-size SUV, based on the Toyota Hyryder, will be called "Grand Vitara".
• Maruti Suzuki would introduce it on 20 July, the bookings for Grand Vitara are open from today at Rs. 11,000.
• The Vitara Grand will be up against Hyundai Creta and Kia Seltos, Skoda Kushaq, MG Astor, Volkswagen Taigun.
• The new mid-size SUV Grand Vitara is expected to be priced somewhere around 11 to 18 Lakh Rupees, and would be launched under NEXA.
Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara is based on Toyota Hyryder:
As Maruti Suzuki and Toyota jointly developed Toyota's Urban Cruiser Hyryder, the same design line and development now will be seen in upcoming Grand Vitara.
Grand Vitara though is expected to carry a distinct exterior looks as well as the interior, the SUV will be manufactured alongside the Hyryder at Toyota’s plant in Bidadi, Karnataka.
Grand Vitara expected looks:
• Mesh grill and split headlamp setup.
• Electrically adjustable outside rear view mirror (ORVM) with turn indicators.
• LED long strip tail lamps;
• A nine-inch touchscreen infotainment system.
• A 360-degree camera, a heads-up display.
• Ventilated front seats, a wireless charge.
• The Maruti Suzuki Grand Vitara will be a five seater.
Engine and power:
• The Vitara Grand would sport a Mild and strong-hybrid powertrain options just like Toyota's Hyryder.
• It may carry a 1.5-litre mild-hybrid petrol engine.
• A Manual and a six-speed speed automatic transmission.
• As for the strong-hybrid version, the Grand Vitara will make use of Toyota’s 1.5-litre petrol mill that will be paired to an e-CVT unit powering the front wheels. According to a reported by Carwale.com
Brief on Maruti Suzuki:
Maruti exports its cars to more than hundred countries globally. It has been exporting cars since 1986.
Some of the most popular exported cars are Baleno, Swift, Dzire, Brezza and S-Presso.