Story: Saudi Arabia Crown Prince on tour of Gulf Arab states; 12-10-2021;
Saudi Arabia Crown Prince on tour of Gulf Arab states, why?
The Saudi Arab's crown prince is on a key tour to the neighboring gulf states, the tour is very important in terms of internal politics in the oil rich gulf region, the prince is set to visit Oman, the United Arab Emirates, Bahrain, Qatar and Kuwait, Saudi state news agency SPA reported. Oman will be the first leg of the tour.
• The tour being perceived significant to the region, as it came just ahead of the Gulf summit this month, which would mainly be aimed at salvaging a nuclear pact between Iran and the West.
• The tour started on Monday, and the prince have already been to Oman, and now he's in the UAE.
• Al Arabiya said the summit of Gulf Arab leaders would be held in the Saudi capital Riyadh in mid-December.
Saudi crown prince visited Oman:
Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman was earlier in Oman was welcomed with official ceremony at “Al Alam Palace” in the capital Muscat (Arabic Masqaṭ).
• Sultan of Oman Haitham bin Tariq awards Prince Mohammed bin Salman the Medal of #Oman of the first degree, one of the highest honors of Oman.
• The leader of Oman and the Crown prince Salman announced the opening of the Omani-Saudi road, the 725 km will contribute to the smooth movement of citizens of the two countries and the integration of supply chains.
The deal was mentioned in the joint statement between the Sultanate of Oman and the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia.
Saudi crown prince arrives in the UAE on Gulf tour amid economic rivalry:
Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman arrived in the UAE, received by Mohamed bin Zayed Al Nahyan in Abu Dhabi.
• UAE confers 'Order of Zayed’ (the highest civilian award of the UAE) on Saudi Arabia's Crown Prince Muhammad Bin Salman in Abu Dhabi.
• Both the leaders have discussed the deep-rooted brotherly relations and bilateral cooperation paths, in addition to all regional and international issues of common interest.
Crown prince's first trip to Qatar:
Another key visit on the tour of bin Salman will be him visiting the Qatar. The two giants in the region had a bitter four and half year relationship as the KSA cut ties with the latter on issues related to the security and sovereignty of the region.
It will be the crown prince's first trip to Qatar since Riyadh and its Arab allies imposed an embargo on Doha in mid-2017 in a row, the dispute ended in January this year.
• Saudi Arabia’s Crown Prince Mohammed bin Salman has visited Qatar for the first time since his country, along with the UAE, Bahrain and Egypt, imposed a years-long blockade of Qatar in 2017.