Story: World's tallest observation wheel- Ain Dubai ; 10-23-2021;
Dubai has produced yet another tallest in the world structure, this time it is ‘Ain Dubai’ world’s largest, tallest observation wheel.
The observation wheel is now open for visitors, the wheel soars 250 metres or 820 ft (0.25 km) high into the sky, to see the stunning Dubai skyline.
•Ain Dubai is located on "Bluewaters Island", near the Dubai Marina in Dubai, United Arab Emirates.
Previously named the Dubai Eye or Dubai-I, the latest attraction is twice the height of the London Eye, and was opened on Thursday for visitors.
• Ain Dubai, announced in February 2013, the construction and final opening to the masses took total eight years and nearly eight months.
• Ain Dubai is 82.4 m (270 ft) taller than the “High Roller” in Las Vegas, which is 167.6 m (550 ft) and previously held the title of world's tallest observation wheel.
Ain Dubai's construction began in May 2015, and it was to be completed in early to mid-2019. But the target opening then delayed to October 20, 2020, in order to coincide with Expo 2020, but this itself was postponed due to the COVID-19 pandemic. Now finally the wheel has opened October 21, 2021.
• The wheel will be able to carry up to 1,400 passengers in its 48 capsules and provide views of Dubai Marina and landmarks such as Burj Al Arab, Palm Jumeirah, and Burj Khalifa.
• Its base will serve as an entertainment zone, and an 80-metre (260 ft) LED screen will be mounted on the wheel, creating an electronic platform for broadcasting, advertisements, and other information.
The Dubai crown prince, Sheikh Hamdan bin Mohammed bin Rashid Al Maktoum, shared a video across social media on Thursday afternoon of him casually sipping a beverage from a mug on top of one of the cabins of the world’s largest wheel Ain Dubai.
• The attraction has 48 cabins. One rotation takes 38 minutes.
The project initiated with investments amounting to 6 billion dirhams.
• This masterpiece of engineering features a unique view of the emirate.
• Ain Dubai, is also equipped with the largest LED screen in the world.
• The wheel can accommodate a total of 1,750 guests at a time.
• Each leg attached to the hub of the wheel is 126 meters high.
The hub and spindle alone, the same as the weight of four A380s together.
On the launch of the Ain Dubai, social media platforms quickly filled with people reacting to the modern marvel and expressing themselves with posts of their own.