Story: Apple augmented Reality/Virtual Reality headset Vision Pro what you need to know ; 07-06-2023;
Apple's much awaited Vision Pro has been announced. Is the future is here?
Apple yet again made headlines and left tech community in wonder as well as the people who like tech, with its announcement of Mixed reality (AR, VR) headset that works with hand, eye, and voice coordinates, and gestures, at WWDC 2023 event. The Vision pro will be out for masses next year.
Unlike, previous VR headsets like Meta's Oculus the headset does not come with additional hand held accessories to control the VR environment, instead Vision Pro uses techs like Camera, Sensors, algorithms, programmes to control and manipulate the AR/VR environment.
The Vision Pro has whooping price tag associated with it, it was announced yesterday with $3,499 in the US, and will be available in markets next year.
• Apple did not officially give a date or a word on their official website, as to when the Vision Pro would enter the markets like India, Europe, etc.
The Vision pro is a masterpiece of technology and innovation in modern era. The Vision pro can be seen as a computer itself, as it has all the components to be called one, it runs on its own OS called visionOS, independent of any smartphone, or other controlling device.
Image for reference only
Specs/Pros what we know so far:
It has two, yes two! “Unique chipset” powering it, one is Apple's flagship M2 chip, which runs visionOS, executes advanced computer vision algorithms, and delivers stunning graphics (and yes graphics are stunning, according to the experts, who had the demo of the device itself).
• The second chipset is Apple's brand-new entry, called R1 chip, which is “specifically dedicated to process input from the cameras, sensors, and microphones, streaming images to the displays within 12 milliseconds — for a virtually lag-free, real-time view of the world.” according to the Apple official website.
What are the cons of the Apple's Vision Pro:
First and foremost is the heaviness of it, a no inbuilt battery pack, only 30 minutes of battery life (according to some news sources online.)
The huge price tag of $3,499.
• Does not give a haptic feedback, due to no hand held/worn device present (for example, which Meta's Oculus Quest 2 has.)
• Being companies first ever product in the category, makes it fall behind well establish headsets, in terms of price, app support etc.
• It has a bunch of cameras in the front and downward of the headset alongside with various sensors, and the same goes for the inner part of the headset facing the person wearing it.
• The Vision Pro has a pair of high-resolution cameras, that transmit over one billion pixels per second to the displays so one can see the world around clearly.
The system also work towards providing precise head and hand tracking and real‑time 3D mapping, all while understanding hand gestures from a wide range of positions, as Apple defines it.
Eye tracking system consists of LEDs and infrared cameras projects invisible light patterns onto each eye, enabling controls with just by looking at elements.
A 4k TV for each eye, as Apple puts the displays of the Vision Pro, according to apple it has a custom micro‑OLED display system, which features 23 million pixels, delivering stunning resolution and colours.
Apple calls the sound system used in the device as "Dual-driver audio pods" positioned next to each ear to deliver personalized sound, the system lets the ear free of a plugged in earpiece, so one can hear what's happening around.
• The Vision Pro works seamlessly with other Apple products like casting the display of the MacBook in the headset or, doing a FaceTime (with a 3d representation 'avatar' of yours.)
• The headset makes use of AR and VR to the best of what we've seen so far with projecting the displayed element alongside with the real world objects like furniture, walls etc.
Apple has been known for its privacy policies and security of user data, and with the Vision Pro Apple has delivered the same with security feature like Optic ID, a secure authentication system that uses the uniqueness of your iris.
We will update this page as soon as any further news surface on the same, so do follow us at various social media platforms (we post updates with a link) at @dedaandsons, or just click the link below to our social handles: