Story: ChatGPT from Open AI; 14-01-2023;
What is ChatGPT? All you need to know about the trendy chatbot and the Artificial Intelligence tech behind it.
The answer is quite simple as the name suggests, ChatGPT is a chatbot that chats, solves problems and offer help human counterpart to reach any desired solution in its due restricted environment.
It is capable of performing tasks like coding a web page, generating a news article creating music, writing a program, teleplays, fairy tales, and student essays.
It can also be used to answer difficult or day-to-day questions, it can emulate a Linux system or simply simulate an entire chat room. Many have used it to play games like tic-tac-toe.
• The core function of a chatbot is to mimic a human conversationalist.
The ChatGPT has been built on top of OpenAI's GPT-3, the previous version of the same. It was launched as a prototype on November 30, 2022, and quickly became popular in the world of internet.
It works upon supervised learning as well as reinforcement learning methods, both approaches use human trainers to improve the model's performance. The models were trained in collaboration with Microsoft on their Azure supercomputing infrastructure.
The ChatGPT bot is a very capable and advanced AI powered program with having a vast pool of information and resources available to it, it sometimes becomes an issue for the well-being of the society. Some reports claim that people were able to generate potentially harmful outputs with the help of AI bot, though ChatGPT attempts to reject prompts that may violate its content policy.
• People are generating school homework, reports, reports claim students cheating in their exams with the tech, is another concern.
• Critics of the tech say it would wipe out the need of programmers, coders in companies, and more unemployment would loom over the world.
IT is one of the top job providing field currently, and if an AI generated program can work more efficiently than a human being, then why would anyone waste money behind real developers and other professionals.
• Expensive: The current AI generated query answer takes 10x to 100x of the power otherwise taken by a simple web search. According to Sam Altman, the CEO of the OpenAI, the cost of the single response is in the single digits.
If we compare with Google search results of around 8.5 billion search per day, with a cost of 5cent, then we got a $425 million dollars per day for the same work done with AI.
• Fake contents: The use of the AI makes it easy to develop and deploy contents, websites, games etc. This posses threats to the work of origional content developers who work night and days to achieve a final product for the world to see and to earn bread and butter.
Some users managed to jailbreak ChatGPT by using various prompt engineering techniques to bypass restrictions in early December 2022 and successfully tricked ChatGPT into giving instructions for how to create a Molotov cocktail or a nuclear bomb, or into generating arguments in the style of a Neo-Nazi.
ChatGPT was also tricked to endorse the Russian invasion of Ukraine, but even when asked to play along with a fictional scenario, ChatGPT balked at generating arguments for why Canadian Prime Minister Justin Trudeau was guilty of treason.
OpenAI has now worth over $20 billion and the ChatGPT saw a 1 million user base in just 5 days, that's whooping in terms of the overall users it gain. Netflix took 41 months, Facebook took 10 months and Instagram took 2.5 months to achieve the same amount of users base.
The OpenAI ChatGPT is an internet sensation these days and everyone is trying it with enthusiasm, the tech is future promising for many but is in its early stages and sometimes clumsy too. The future of the tech looks quite bright as it has some big backing of tech giant Microsoft.