Story: Google Bard all you need to know. ; 14-05-2023;
What is Google Bard, the capabilities, limitations, use cases for common users?
• Google bard is a chatbot developed by Google, and is the official reply to ChatGPT (developed by OpenAI. ChatGPT is currently integrated in Microsoft's Bing search engine.)
• Bard is free of cost AI based chatbot service made available by Google in response to the highly successful ChatGPT. We tried the service in order to understand what it actually is (in-depth analysis), its capabilities, restriction or limitations, use cases and much more, here's what we learnt:
What is Google Bard, and its capabilities?:
Google Bard is a large language model, or in simple terms a conversational AI or chatbot, the Bard is developed, trained by Google with allot text data and code, which includes books, articles, code, and other forms of text.
It has the ability to "communicate and generate human-like text in response to a wide range of prompts and questions to be informative and comprehensive," the chatbot can can provide summaries of factual topics, create stories, creative tasks like helping user write an email, brainstorm ideas for a birthday party and much more.
Bard was built to be a creative and helpful collaborator. The chatbot is still under development, and one can use it to generate text content, like poems, code, scripts, musical pieces, email, letters, research, studies, translating languages, answering questions in an informative way, etc.
• Bard is named after the Celtic bards, who were professional storytellers, verse-makers, music composers, oral historians, and genealogists.
Image for reference only
Bard may not always be able to provide accurate or complete information, or it may sometimes generate text that is biased or offensive. According to Google Bard it may not be able to understand or respond to all prompts and questions, hence resulting in incomplete or no desired result at all.
• Bard is not able to generate content that is copyrighted or that could be harmful or offensive. According to Google it as a complementary experience to Google Search, and does provide “Google It” button within the chatbot, so one can explore in-depth information from across the web.
• Bard is not currently able to generate videos. However, according to the chatbot answer to our query, it still under development, and this feature may be available in the future.
One can use content generated by Bard for personal use, such as writing emails, letters, or stories. Bard can also be used for educational purposes, such as creating study guides or writing essays.
What is ChatGPT? all you need to know.
• Research work can also be done with the Bard, this may include gathering information or generating hypotheses. Bard or any other AI chatbots are commonly used for creative purposes, such as writing poems, scripts, brainstorm ideas for a story.
We have used Bard to learn about the tech itself, and pieces of that information are used in this article for educational and informational purposes.
One should avoid using content that is copyrighted or that could be harmful or offensive.
Bard Language support:
According to Bard response to a query we did, asking it, "what languages does bard be communicated in?", the chatbot replied, it can communicate in over 200 languages currently. The languages it mentioned included, English, Chinese, Japanese, Russian, Turkish, Hindi, Arabic, etc.
We then went on to ask it "sen nasalsin?" (Turkish phrase, asking how are you?) in which it responded with "I am doing well, thank you for asking. I am excited to be able to communicate in Turkish with you. and some other text telling about itself.
Bard was developed using?:
Three type of models are used in the training of Bard, namely, Natural language processing (NLP), Machine learning (ML) and Deep learning (DL).
• NLP deals with the interaction between computers and human (natural) languages. It is used to process and understand human language.
• ML is used in the development of algorithms that can learn from data. It is used to train Bard on a massive amount of text data, so that it can learn to communicate and generate human-like text.
• DL is a type of ML that uses artificial neural networks to learn from data. It is used to train Bard's NLP and ML models.
These technologies were combined to create Bard.
Conversational AIs, that are similar to Bard include: GPT-3, developed by OpenAI LaMDA, developed by Google AI Turing NLG, developed by Google AI PaLM, developed by Google AI Meena, developed by Facebook AI.
Note: This article is based on the research done at Google Bard chatbot, here the link: Google Bard.
Do follow us at various social media platforms (we post updates with a link) at @dedaandsons, or just click the link below to our social handles: