Story: Shab-e Barat;
Shab-e Bara’at date 2024 in India. | Shab-e Barat date.
Shab-e Bara’at in 2024 (1445 Hijri), in India, Pakistan is expected to be observed from the start of the evening (after sunset) of 23 February 2024, and will be observed throughout the night.
Hijri date in India and Pakistan today:
We have created a calendar in Hijri date system, which would work as a countdown reminder, for when will be 14th of Sha'ban (Shab-e Bara'at night), in India and Pakistan.
We would suggest you to install our app (PWA), given below and keep visiting this page (through the app, with a single tap) and keep updated for when all Islamic dates, including Shab-e Bara'at and Ramadan Kareem 2024 starts. We've designed the app to help you do more dhikr and tasbih this Shab-e Bara-at and Ramadan, as well as to listen and recite Dhikr.
بسم الله الرحمن الرحيم (Bismillah Ar-Rahman Ar-Raheem) :
NOTE: This page provides dates according to Sunni Hanafi beliefs.
Let's first read this beautiful Dua and pray:
• May Allah ﷻ and Huzur Mohammed Mustafa ﷺ shower guidance, sheer assistance, Rehma (Blessings) of all sort, in what we read, write, learn, perform in this world and for the betterment of hereafter.
• May Allah ﷻ and Huzoor Mohammed Mustafa ﷺ forgive us if we do mistakes in reading, understanding anything in this article, or if we've made any mistake in putting information on this page.
Shab-e Barat in India:
Shab-e Bara’at in India is expected to be observed from the start of the evening (after sunset) of 23 February 2024. And will be observed throughout the night.
The occasion would be celebrated in your local region depending on what date Sha'ban moon is sighted (in your locality/region), and the given dates may vary accordingly. We will update this page if any changes in the date of Shab-e Bara’at observation take place in India.
Shab-e Bara’at falls on 14th of Sha'ban (8th month of Hijri calendar.)
Note: Sha'ban moon may be sighted in India, Pakistan and some other countires on 11th of February 2024.
Shab-e Bara’at in Pakistan:
Shab-e Bara’at in Pakistan is expected to be observed from the start of the evening (after sunset) of 23 of Feb. 2024, and will be observed throughout the night.
The occasion would be celebrated in your local region depending on what date Sha'ban moon is sighted (in your locality/region), and the given dates may vary accordingly. We will update this page if any changes in the date of Shab-e Bara’at observation take place in Pakistan.
Shab-e Bara’at :
• Pray to Allah ﷻ for blessings for yourself and for entire ummah of Huzoor paak ﷺ with rehma (blessings) of Huzoor paak ﷺ
• Shab e Bara’at is believed to be a night when Allah declares fortune and forgiveness for anyone in a quest. Muslims around the world perform Nawafil (special/optional prayers) and ask forgiveness for themselves as well as their ancestors.
• Shab e Bara’at is also called, badi raat, Laylat al-Bara'at or jagne ki raat, the night might begin after the sunset of 23 Feb. 2024 in India and Pakistan.
• Pray namaz and nawafil in homes, mosques, pray for desires (Jaayaz/halal Maksad/Makasid), forgiveness, and worldly and after-worldly fortunes.
• Recite Durood sharif in abundance.
• Ask for forgiveness of sins of everyone, with tasbih of Tauba Istaghfar.
Before you go:
We advice you to double check the dates and ask your mosque Imam. Also you can check on internet for other resources available.
Follow us on social media (we post updates with a link) at @dedaandsons.